The Sustainable Energy Speaker Series at Appalachian State University. This series was created to deepen campus and community understanding of contemporary energy issues and spur conversation around energy topics. The series is a joint effort of the Appalachian Energy Center and the Department of Sustainable Technology and the Built Environment. Learn more…
Ron DiFelice, Managing Partner of EIP and Panelist of “Employing Storage to Create a Clean Energy Future” at the “Our Clean Energy Future: Micro-grids, Energy Storage and Data Analytics conference. Learn more…
NOTE: The conference venue, the UNC Chapel Hill Student Union Great Hall, lies equidistant and a ten minute walk from three on-campus paid parking structures. Accordingly, we encourage attendees to wear summer shirts, casual slacks and comfortable walking shoes so you enjoy your walk through campus.
9:00 am Registration/Continental Breakfast/Networking
9:30 am Welcome
- Sponsor Introductions – David Doctor, President & CEO, E4 Carolinas
- Conference Overview/Introductions – Mary Katherine Stukes, Partner, Parker Poe
- Co-Day Moderators: Zach Walker and Olivia Corriere, UNC Chapel Hill Renewable Energy Special Projects Committee
9:45 pm Employing Storage to Create a Clean Energy Future
- Ron Difelice, Managing Partner, Energy Intelligence Partners
- Nanette Lockwood, Global Government & Public Affairs Strategic Advisor, Ingersoll Rand
- Eric Dupont, Chief Commercial Officer, PowerSecure
10:45 am Stretch/Networking Break
11:05 am Employing Energy Data Analytics to Produce a Clean Energy Future
- Dr. Jeremiah Johnson, Associate Professor, Energy Collaborative, North Carolina State University
- Jim Fisher, Senior Vice President of Global Sales, OMNETRIC, a Siemens Company
- Dalia Patino- Echeverri, Gendell Associate Professor of Energy Systems and Public Policy, Nicholas School of the Environment, Duke University
12:20 pm Lunch/Networking
1:50 pm Employing Micro-grids to Producing a Clean Energy Future
- Gary Rackliffe, Vice President, Smart Grids, North America, ABB
- Dr. Zak Kuznar, Managing Director of Microgrid and Energy Storage Development, Duke Energy
- John Lemire, Director of Transmission Resources, North Carolina Electric Membership Corporation
3:10 pm Closing Remarks
3:30 pm Conference Concludes
Solar Power Southeast | Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, GA | May 29th, 2019
Ron DiFelice of Energy Intelligence Partners will be a panelist for “Energy Storage: Balancing Both Sides of the Meter” talk.
According to the Solar Power Southeast website:
“The region’s largest solar and storage event is approaching
Solar Power Southeast returns for the 5th year to Atlanta, Georgia. This year’s event will bring over 700 attendees and 60 exhibitors to the exhibit hall, located in the Georgia World Congress Center.
You can expect to hear from utility, private sector, and non-profit leaders from throughout the Southeast region. Leaders from Southern Company, Duke Energy, Dominion Energy, Longi Solar, Hanwa Q Cells, Chargepoint and more are confirmed to speak at the event. The schedule includes discussions about interconnection, microgrids, EVs, regional state outlooks, resilience and more.”
Learn more: https://events.solar/southeast/
April 30, 2019 | McKimmon Conference & Training Center | NC State University | Raleigh, NC
Ron DiFelice – Moderator, “Storage Policy Opportunities & Barriers in North Carolina”
The State Energy Conference provides actionable insight into the business of energy, connecting technical innovation, diverse resources and industry opportunity to help drive North Carolina’s regional energy economy forward with national impact.
The conference will examine the impacts of energy technologies, policy and finance on customers at all levels of the energy marketplace including:
- Commercial & Industrial Buildings
- Governmental & Institutional Buildings
- Grid Modernization
- Residential Homes
- Renewable Energy
- Utilities & Infrastructure
Who Should Attend
Attendees include architects, decision-makers, engineers, energy and sustainability managers, facilities personnel, property managers, planners and thought leaders from:
- Small businesses
- Innovation firms
- Energy companies
- Colleges and universities
- Government and state agencies
- Nonprofit organizations
Continue reading on: https://ncenergyconference.com/
Fill out the form below to download the Energy Storage-Centric Clean Peak Standard Whitepaper (PDF).
Once you fill in your information, you will receive a link to the PDF in your email inbox.
Please note: If you do not see the download in your email inbox, it may have been placed in your junk folder.