Friday, October 16th 2020, 1:15 – 2:30pm
Panelist – Storage: Technological Developments and Greater Economic Viability,
Law Seminars International Presents:
A Comprehensive Two-Day Conference on Implementing Renewable Energy in Virginia
Strategies for adapting to legal, regulatory, and business developments in a way that achieves decarbonization goals
Media Sponsor: Energy News Network a nationally recognized news publication featuring original state-based reporting, dedicated to keeping stakeholders, policymakers, and citizens informed about the important changes taking place within the transition to a clean energy economy.
October 15 & 16, 2020
Virtual Via Interactive Zoom Broadcast
Who Will Benefit from Attending
Attorneys, industry executives, governmental officials, and customer representatives involved with renewable energy, energy efficiency, electric transmission and gas pipelines, and consideration of alternatives to new projects
Why You will Benefit from Attending
As Virginia embarks on its historic path to a clean energy economy, we will have to reshape energy generation, delivery and consumption in the state. Increased electrification of buildings and transportation will require more clean energy resources and changes to the region’s delivery infrastructure to meet these goals in a cost-effective manner. We are pleased to have assembled a distinguished faculty to discuss these challenges.
You will have an opportunity to hear from and converse with, high-level legal practitioners, policymakers, grid operators, subject area experts, and business executives as they address the challenges of an increased demand for electric power while maintaining a path toward significant carbon reduction goals by 2050.
New resources, including massive amounts of offshore wind, will need to be developed, and our existing transmission and distribution systems will need to evolve to meet these challenges. Our conference will close with a practical prospective to financing and building these projects.
Join us as we stitch together a coherent big picture from seemingly disparate parts, and then offer practical tips and techniques that you can put to work right away. To keep everyone safe during the pandemic, this program will be an interactive Zoom broadcast. We hope you will login to join the conversation. Register soon!
~ Thad Culley, Esq. of Vote Solar and Cliona Mary Robb, Esq. of Thompson McMullan, Program Co-Chairs
What You Will Learn
- FERC policy developments and the impact on wholesale markets in Virginia
- Channels for driving the development of advanced energy in Virginia
- Dominion’s adaptation plan; legal and policy issues it sees arising during implementation
- Policy development and implementation proceedings at the key state agencies
- Electric infrastructure development needs for VCEA Implementation
- Land-based and offshore wind project development
- Solar Project development: Rooftop, community aggregation and microgrids, and utility scale
- Storage project development: Customer and utility scale
- Tips for assembling a portfolio of renewable energy projects
- Essential project development contracts including PPAs
- Project development: Tips for navigating regulatory hurdles and negotiating with distribution utilities
What Participants Have Said About Similar Programs
- Very knowledgeable speakers who were well versed in energy.
- “Great program to obtain up-to-the-minute information.”
- “It was interesting to have regulators give insights outside of a proceeding”
- “Great seminar with relevant topics”